My Blog List

Thursday, November 6, 2014

A Little More About Yours Truly

As I'm sure you can see from my several blog posts about Telecommunication, especially my post about my passion for reporting, you can probably easily guess that my dream is to one day become a news anchor.

I've worked very hard toward this goals thus far, and despite the trials and doubts I have had, I have discovered that this is the right path for me. I truly believe I have what it takes to be successful.

I am fortunate to have held several leadership roles here at the University of Florida (elaborated upon in my resume) that have helped to prepare me for the work I will be doing, and the leadership I must demonstrate upon graduation.

However, something more to know about me is that I am very driven. I understand that perfection in my work is rarely possible, but I believe in bettering myself so I can get as close as possible. This is true in just about everything that I do.

I also am a very compassionate person. I love investing in close friendships and relationships that will  be long-lasting. I find true beauty in the strong bonds of friendship. In fact, my very first blog post was about platonic love, because I believe that no matter where you go in life, friendship is the positive force that can help carry you through any difficult time.

Last but not least, and perhaps my greatest asset toward my dream, is my curiosity. I love asking questions and finding out information about people or situations that I did not know before. I especially love the fact that reporting gives you valuable insight that you get to know first, and that people will be grateful to you for sharing with them.






3 comments:

  1. Hey Emily! It's great to hear that you're doing so well. I love that you said it's your curiosity that drives you to ask more questions when reporting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emily,

    I think you made great points in this post. Knowing you personally, I have to agree with your statements of being a driven, compassionate, and curious individual. You are definitely a leader and I have no doubt you will be successful in whatever you venture into in the future.

    -Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily! This post exemplifies everything that's great about you, both as a journalist and as a person. It's so great to see how involved you are at UF, and how passionate you are about this business. You keep up the great work, and you'll have a great future ahead of you. I can assure you of that!

    ReplyDelete