My Blog List

Sunday, October 19, 2014

New York: The City of Dreams (including mine)

Many times I have been asked what my dream job would be, or since a lot of my friends know that I want to be a reporter, they ask where I would like to end up.

I have a short-term answer and a long-term answer.

For the short-term, also known as when I graduate from college, I would like to end up where I can get a job. The goal is to start in a small town and work my way up, until finally I land in a top-five market.

The ultimate dream? To have my face on the television screen reporting the news on a major network in New York City!

There's much to love (and I guess, not love) about New York City. Some go for the Broadway shows, while others go for food, shopping, and touristy activities. Working in New York can be considered to be a symbol of success. But for a reporter, working in New York city means that you are the cream of the crop. It also means that people all across the United States can be watching you.

Yes, it's a hefty goal. But I do believe, as I stated in a blog post earlier, that I have the passion for reporting. It is this passion that I feel is my greatest asset as I go on from here.

Here's to the future that's always ahead, and here's to hard work that will hopefully keep guiding me closer and closer to my dream!


No comments:

Post a Comment